State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) for Florida for 2017-2019
The FILC works for change throughout Florida.
The Florida Independent Living Council is a systems advocacy and planning organization, working for systemic change in the areas that are the biggest barriers to people with disabilities participating fully in their communities. In our current 3-year plan, the areas we are focused on are:
- Facilitate the transition of youth with disabilities, including youth who were eligible for individualized Education Programs and have completed or left secondary education to postsecondary life.
- Improve the health, wellness and safety of children and adults with all types of disabilities throughout Florida.
- Facilitate outreach to individuals with disabilities and other stakeholders who are underrepresented and/or underserved in communities across Florida.
- Facilitate the transition of persons with significant disabilities by increasing the number of individuals with disabilities who reside in their chosen, least restrictive community environment.
- Increase Independent Living Program capacity of infrastructure and resource development through combined FILC, CIL and VR statewide initiatives.