A midsize, not-for-profit organization is currently searching for a dynamic and experienced President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
disAbility Solutions for Independent Living Inc. (DSIL) is a community-based, cross-disability, nonresidential nonprofit agency serving Volusia and Flagler Counties. For over 10 years, DSIL has been operating within the Daytona Beach community providing an array of independent living services.
51% of the Board of Directors are persons with significant disabilities. DSIL provides information & referral, independent living skills training, individual and systems advocacy, peer counseling, transition assistance from nursing homes and other institutions to community-based residences, assisting individuals to avoid institutional placement, and transition of youth with significant disabilities to life after high school.
The CEO will work closely with the Board of Directors, serving as managing director of the agency and the main link between the Board and all personnel and volunteers.
The ideal candidate has:
- experience in partnering with high-level officers and community leaders to grow the agency, programs, staff and services, strengthen it and diverse the funding sources.
- working experience in the area of all disability rights laws, the Independent Living Philosophy (Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended) and how to apply it within the day to day operations of a consumer driven agency.
- corporate management experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership.
- the ability to represent the agency as required, including attendance at important functions, public meetings, community events, coalitions, etc.
- experience in overseeing quality assurance throughout the agency, establishing goals, objectives, and timelines.
- strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly, and communicate clearly.
- leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts.
- experience in fundraising and donor development.
Bachelor’s Degree in IL or related field and 5 years’ experience within the independent living movement or a Master’s Degree in a related field. To be considered, candidates must submit a Letter of Interest, three professional references, resume and proposed salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2017.